Monday, January 28, 2008

Bite Me and Color Me Proud

This illness that I have- the crud, cold, walking-death, plague, WHATEVERTHEHELL it is, can bite me.

ugh.

I spent the entire weekend(except for the funeral and church) in bed. I haven't done that since I was on bed rest with my last baby and he is working on being 10 years old in May. While in bed, I did get some great reading in. I read "The Other Boleyn Girl" and loved loved loved it.

Reading that book made me reflct on how glad I am that I live in the time that I do. Not only did I get to marry the man I fell in love with, I got to decide on my major in college, apply for MY OWN credit cards, and raise my children in the manner that their father and I think is best.

My 2 oldest boys played guitar and sang in church this past Sunday. Middle son is just learning how to play guitar. He's been singing in the shower the songs his praise band played on Sunday. My heart was full listening to him sing(he would kill me if he knew I was listening). My oldest boy played and sang one of my favorite songs ever- "Doubting Thomas" by Chris Thiele. Oldest was amazing. I am so proud of him.

Of course the whole time I sat there and watched them do their thing, I was miffed that I had forgotten my camera at home. But this way, instead of looking at them through a camera, I got to watch with my eyes and listen with my heart.

I'll ask the youth director for pictures.

No comments: