Monday, June 03, 2013

Strings and more strings

Just got home from my first violin lesson.  I decided this summer I was going to learn and try new things.  Perfect timing when a friend posted on face book offering adult violin lessons.  For my birthday, my mom gave me my great grandfather's violin.  We think that he made the violin and that it's @100 years old.  It has a beautiful, warm tone and I couldn't be more thrilled.  :-)

Today, my new ukulele was delivered.  Sean ordered me an Oscar Schmidt Koa uke for my birthday.  It's lovely!  Again, warm tone.  When Sean played it he commented on how happy it sounded... perfect!

Now, there are a few more things on my list to do this summer.  In summers past, I have played in the community band and done summer theater.  As much as I've enjoyed both of those activities, I decided not to do either this year.  I need a break from the band people and I'm not in the mood for the crazy that comes with the theater.  So instead, I'm doing the violin and starting an exercise program.  I figure instead of memorizing lines, I can put one foot in front of the other. 

And, go...

No comments: