Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Sweet Sweet Air

Air conditioning that is! After worrying myself sick, it was a simple quick fix! Thankfully this weekend wasn't hot and we all survived comfortably.

Summer school is set to begin tomorrow morning. I am looking forward to meeting my new students and getting to know them.

I really want to work on meeting people where they are at this summer. Just accepting them for who they are and not worrying about pleasing everyone. I still struggle with being ok with myself. I thought as I got older, this would be easier but it's still not. Although today, for one of the first times, I really didn't care what others were doing and what they needed. I tried something new today and worried and took care of myself.

It felt pretty darn good.

Ü

2 comments:

Nichole Conner said...

Good for you!!! Sometimes you just have to look out for you! Teach me how to do that some time will ya?!?!?!?! :-)

I really hope things aren't so bad this summer, we really have to have drinks, k?? :-)

Oh and I'm glad you got your AC fixed, that could be really really bad!!! :-0

The Marshall Family said...

Hey! Great job on just worrying about you! I hope one day to be able to do that better too! Keep reminding me to do that too!

As for the AC - I'm glad it's working...I can't even imagine having to go without it! I'm glad that you won't have to give that a whirl!

Good luck tomorrow!