Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Honey I'm Home!




Phoenix was beautiful. Tempe, was fabulous. We stayed in a resort that was amazing with great facilities and service. One of the many pools was right outside our door. It was open from 6am to 12 am. The boys were in the pool for most of the time we were in Phoenix!
The family reunion was great fun. It was nice seeing people in person and putting names with faces. The grandparents were in better health than they sounded on the phone so that was a relief.
It was so weird being in Tempe as an adult with family as opposed to my time there as a college student. The downtown has been redesigned and most people would say the changes are for the better. I, myself miss Hippy Town. This new and "improved" Tempe does not fit with the Tempe of my childhood or college years.

The boys loved the town. My oldest would move tomorrow if he could find a way. Middle and youngest loved swimming and the cousins but I don't think they're quite so ready to move. DH and I loved visiting but, much to our amazement, we were relieved when we pulled into town last night.

No comments: