Wednesday, August 01, 2007

How Do You Handle Disappointment?

When things don't go your way, how do you cope? If you want something and don't get it, what do you do to push on? Do you drink? Eat? Rage? Sleep? Sigh and go on? Figure out how to get revenge(if possible)? Pray? Pout?

I think that toddlers have the right idea about dealing with disappointment. A toddler can throw back their head and wail and scream and kick their feet and throw themselves down on the ground until they get their way or get tired of being upset.

As adults, we are expected to act like nothing is wrong or "it's all okay" and go on with our business. Well maybe this time, I don't want to. Maybe this time I want to scream and cry and throw myself down on the ground.

3 comments:

Tommy Estlund said...

What's wrong Rebecca?

The Marshall Family said...

What's going on???? I hope all is ok...email me and maybe I can help???

As for what I do...I pout, etc...depending on what it is! :) Sometimes I think we are all entitled to act like kids!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for asking! It was something that happened to someone I love deeply and I hurt for them.

All is better now. At least it looks better from this direction!

rebecca