Thursday, November 01, 2007

The First of Thirty

I've never signed up for anything like blog for a month/knit a sweater in a month before. It's daunting to think about coming up with something to write about/time to knit everyday day. So, here goes....

My middle son had his first band concert tonight. He plays the trombone and has practiced more than his older brother EVER did his entire 5 years in band(he prefers singing and playing stringed instruments). He told me on the way to the concert that he had auditioned to play a solo at the concert. His teacher was to announce who was chosen when the students arrived. I enjoyed the concert and was very pleased and proud when the teacher announced that 4 students out of 40 had been chosen to do solos and middle was one. He did a fine job and I can tell by the smile on his face and look in his eyes that he deeply enjoys playing music.

I don't have any pictures to attach because I can't find my digital camera. It is somewhere in my house that is too much of a mess to find anything in right now. My friend graciously took some pics for me and I'll post some tomorrow.

I also can't post pics of my in progress sweater. I am knitting myself a sweater. It's a cardigan in black/grey yarn. It is coming along slowly. Very. Slowly. I cut my finger Tuesday night on a butcher knife. It's amazing how cutting a finger makes me feel so crippled.

29 to go....

No comments: