Friday, November 02, 2007

Friday Night Football

It is Friday night and I'm going to the high school football game. I don't have a son playing on the team. Nor do I have a son playing in the marching band. So, why am I going? Well, I have a son that wants to play in the band when he gets to high school. I also have a son that wants to play on the team when he gets to high school. So I guess I'm going to prepare myself for the upcoming years.

It is senior night and thus a very emotional time for a lot of parents. A time when we realize the years, days and minutes we have spent with our children living with us under our roof are coming to an end. A time when we realize they don't need us in the same way anymore. A time when we can look at our children and reflect on who our children are and who we've become.

So tonight, I will watch my 2 younger sons playing with their friends. I will also look for my oldest boy with his new girl. I hope to live tonight to the fullest because I know that my time with my own boys is slipping by so very quickly .

No comments: