Monday, May 12, 2008

My Birthday

I had the best day yesterday. Every few years, my birthday coincides with Mother's Day, and yesterday was one of those days.

After having a terrible argument with my husband Saturday night(can you say I am a hormonal bitch), I went to bed feeling pretty down. However, Sunday couldn't have turned out better if I do say so myself.

My oldest son went to church with me and sight read the choir anthem. He didn't even grumble when I woke him up! He blesses me so much everyday and continues to amaze with his loving spirit. My middle boy went with my husband to pick out my birthday/mother's day present. He spent some of his hard earned money on part of my present. He is generous and quick to tell me he loves me and still wants to spend time with me! My youngest son helped vacuum and clean the house. He was impressed with my birthday present and wanted to know when he could use it(typical of a 10 year old I'd say).

My boys(husband included) bought me an iPod touch! It is amazing! Alex helped me load music and Sean got the wireless internet going so we could try out the wifi.

After a meal of fajitas and red velvet cake, I feel into bed and said my nightly prayer of... thank you God for letting me be part of this amazing family.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Have fun with your fantastic birthday/mother's day present!!! I am glad you had such a great day! Miss ya!! :)