Thursday, January 29, 2009

Grace Day 4

1. my favorite coffee mug - Several years ago, I was in a Starbucks and saw a stainless steel coffee mug. I must have held it and looked at it for a bit before I put it back on the shelf. It was more than I wanted to spend but I did comment on how much I liked that mug. Six months later, I opened a Christmas present from my mom and that mug was inside.

2. knitting - i cannot begin to tell you the grace i get from knitting. i love making things with my hands. i love making things for other people with my hands.

3. singing- i have deadwood practice tonight. the feeling i get when we play is indescribable. it washes over my whole body and warms me from inside. the music is not just in my ears but in my body.

4. my car - i have had a recurring dream since i was in my early 20's. this dream started when i was single and didn't want to have any children or get married. i was having lots of fun dating and traveling and moving to different cities. or so i thought. in my dream, i was cooking and doing laundry, living with/raising several boys and i drove a suburban. when i had the chance to buy my suburban, it felt like my dream was coming all the way true.

5. hot showers - hot shower on a cold morning. ahhhh.

No comments: