Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Love Again

I posted this 2 years ago. I've spent today crying watching the inauguration, crying about my dog and quite honestly, I'm too tired to come up with something new. So, here is My Love 2 years later.

One more thing.... YES WE DID! I am SO proud to be an American!

Growing up, I was sure I was going to be famous. I envisioned myself either a star of the stage or the music scene. I worked toward my goals taking dance lessons, acting lessons, voice and piano lessons. I auditioned for numerous plays(and got a lot of parts), played in different bands and worked hard on perfecting my "craft". When I met my husband, my biological clock started ticking so loudly, it totally derailed my vision of my future. I abandoned my dreams of superstardom and set my sights on having a family with this man. I really didn't have any idea how to make a family or a marriage work. My own parents were divorced and while they were married, they were very unhappy. My grandparents had had a happy marriage but having viewed this relationship as a child, I wasn't sure that I hadn't made things look better than they really were. Seventeen years later, this man and I are still married. My marriage has lasted longer than my parents marriage. By one year. We have 3 wonderful sons that were very much wished and hoped and prayed for. Our marriage has gone through some very difficult times ~ try raising 3 sons while your husband works and puts himself through college and then you work full time and get a masters degree. But mostly, our marriage has had wonderful times. Tonight, when I sat down to write this post about my upcoming anniversary, I realized that I am famous. I might not be a famous actress or rock star, but I am famous. I am loved and adored and appreciated by my husband and by my three sons. And that, is better than any fame I ever imagined for myself as a young girl.

2 comments:

Nichole Conner said...

This touched me the first time I read it, and I loved it this time too!!!

Diane Melvin said...

Beautiful, Rebecca. Absolutly beautiful.