Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Aunt Sue

was a grand lady. I will never meet a bigger Dallas Cowboys fan. Never. She was so proud of being from Texas and loved everything about it. Her daughter Cara was the pride and joy of her life. Cara could do no wrong and was often held up as the ideal standard for what a daughter should be.

Aunt Sue was a lifeguard in high school and taught me(forced me really) to dive off a diving board. I was terrified but did it to make her feel proud of me. And I'm telling you, I don't think there's anyone else in the world I would have done that for.



My Aunt Sue did not have an easy life. And honestly, it was her own doing. She was stubborn and opinionated to a fault. She wanted to do things her way and once she made a decision, she saw it through to the end, no matter the cost.



My Aunt Sue took care of her husband when most other people would have put him in a nursing home. He required around the clock care and she did this for years until his death.

I loved my Aunt Sue. She was not an easy person to love, but love her I did.

2 comments:

Diane Melvin said...

I'm very sorry for your loss. If there is anything I can do for you or your family let me know.

Nicole said...

Rebecca,

I'm so sorry...I'm here if you need me! I will do whatever I can!

Nicole